We’ve teamed up with Ôter Restaurant in Melbourne CBD to deliver you this scrumptious recipe, perfect to pair with our Marsanne Viognier on some of the up-and-coming Spring evenings – alone, with family, or with a group of friends – enjoy it in any social situation!
Altisan Bread Dumplings
- 2 x whole eggs
- 2 x egg yolks
- 60g brown butter
- 250g flour
- 100g milk
- 1tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 x pinch salt
- 10 x cracks black pepper
- Combine eggs + milk + seeded mustard. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add flour little by little until mixture is combined.
- Add brown butter (melted) and whisk until smooth mixture is achieved.
- Get a large pot of salted boiling water and push the pasta dough through a colander or sieve into water.
- Once the pastas start to float, strain and dress in olive oil to prevent them from sticking together.
White Onion Sousbise
- 5 x white onion
- 100g butter
- 5 tsp white pepper
- 5 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh yeast
- Milk to taste
- Melt butter and add sliced onion to the pot seasoning with a pinch of salt to help draw moisture out of the onions.
- Cook on a low temperature until the onions are soft. (Note: do not allow any colour on the onions or for them to catch as the sauce will not be white when blended)
- Add the spices + yeast and cook with a lid on for 8 minutes.
- Remove from pot and blend, adding a touch of milk to thin out the sauce.
- Season and strain. Reserve until needed.
Check out more from Ôter Restaurant here.