Frank says, “Grilled corn is a barbecue classic but these Japanese flavours make it special. Red miso (made from fermented soybeans and barley) and bonito flakes (finely sliced dried tuna) are fantastic staples to have in the cupboard – they are great additions to lots of dishes.”
- 6 corn cobs, stripped and cleaned
- Olive oil for brushing
- 70g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp red miso
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 6 large pinches bonito flakes
- Preheat the barbecue grill. Brush a little oil over the cobs then place them on the hot grill.
- While they are cooking mix the butter and miso and set aside. When the corn is toasted take off the heat and let cool a little or the butter will run off immediately.
- Brush them liberally with miso butter, put on a serving plate, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and bonito flakes. Serve immediately.
GoodFood.com.au has a huge library of Frank’s recipes. Check them out here: